Darshan hours :
5.00 am – 11:30 am and 4.00 pm – 6:30 pm
When Swami Vivekananda arrived in Bangalore during 1892 from Belagaum, he stayed at the Kalappa Choultry in the Majestic area for a few days. During that period, he sat and rested quite a few times on a stone bench attached to the front wall of the house of Sri Sugappa, a jeweler by profession. After discovery later that the sannyasin, was none other than Swami Vivekananda, Sri Sugappa and his descendants preserved it carefully with all respect, as a valuable monument. This stone-bench-slab, which was sanctified by Swami Vivekananda, was officially handed over to Ramakrishna Math in Jan 1997.
The math has built a memorial to Swamiji. This is another valuable possession the Math has.